This page contains links to information about learning and using wxLua, Lua, and wxWidgets.
See also the "Getting started" section on the homepage...
- The wxLua manual describes programming in Lua and wxLua as well as how to use the wxLua library in a C++ program.
- The wxLua class reference has a complete list of wxWidgets classes and datatypes that wxLua wraps.
- It may not be very pretty, but it shows you exactly what in wxWidgets is wrapped by wxLua.
- The wxLua FAQ may answer some of your questions and it highlights important points.
- There is also doxygen-generated documentation for the C++ wxLua library here.
- The Lua reference manual is the definitive reference for the Lua language.
- The Programming in Lua online book describes the Lua language in detail.
- Note that this is the first edition for Lua 5.0 and there are important differences to Lua 5.1 and 5.2 as described on that page. However, it is still a great reference.
- Also, the LuaWiki can be a good place to find useful tips about Lua...
Compiling and installing wxLua
- Please read the install.html file from wxLua's docs directory.
Writing and understanding the binding files
- Read the binding.html file from the docs directory.
- Look at a few of the binding files in wxLua SVN to see how they're constructed and how they're merely simplified versions of the original C/C++ code.
Subversion (SVN) repository
- You can browse the SVN repository of wxLua here.
wxLua developers listed in chronological order:
- Paul and J Winwood: The original authors. No longer active.
- Francis Irving: Author of the wxLua standalone application. No longer active.
- John Labenski: Updated and reworked wxLua in 2004 to make it modular, embeddable, and allow multiple instances. Currently developing and maintaining wxLua.
- Ray Gilbert: Rewrote the wxLua bindings parser.
- Klaas Holwerda: Author of wxLuaCan sample and indefatigable source of ideas.
- Francesco Montorsi: Worked on the bakefile-based build system, on this website, and the wxLua packaging.
- Anders F Björklund:Contributed wxMac screenshots and created wxMac package.
- Reuben Thomas: Wrote the bit library that wxLua includes.
- Did we forget you? contact us and we'll add you.